Highly skilled and experienced physiotherapists
All of our physiotherapists are experienced chartered physiotherapists who offer a combination of the latest treatment techniques, exercise and advice to treat patients. They treat people of all ages with physical problems caused by illness, accident or ageing including back, neck and shoulder pain, upper and lower limb conditions, sports injuries, post-operative rehabilitation and posture-related problems.
Our therapists are able to refer for diagnostic scans and tests and are experienced in their interpretation e.g. X-rays, MRI scans. We have close working relationships with leading local Orthopaedic Surgeons, Sports Medicine Physicians, Rheumatologists and Consultant Anaesthetists (pain specialists), so however complex your problem we can help you recover successfully and refer you to the appropriate specialist if needed.
- Initial Assessment and Treatment – 45mins £50
- Follow Up Appointments – 30mins £38
- Longer appointment times can be arranged
We are registered with all the major Health Insurance Companies and we can invoice them directly for you.
Individual policies vary, so we advise that you contact your help line to find out what is covered. Some policies require a GP referral to physiotherapy. The Physio and Sports Injury Clinic have direct settlement arrangements, but you must ask for an Authorisation or Claim number and bring it to your first physiotherapy consultation. If in doubt, give us a call & we will try and assist you in whatever way we can.
Clinical Pilates Classes
6 week course held by a Chartered Physiotherapist at Bishop Stortford Rugby Club
The Classes are designed for those with back or neck problems focusing on training the correct techniques and appropriate exercises for your problem.
- 1 hour classes
- 6-8 participants maximum
- 6 weeks course = £90
Please contact us for details.
Why visit a private physiotherapist?
Previously unsuccessful NHS physiotherapy does not mean physio can’t help you.
With the pressures faced by the NHS, physiotherapists in the NHS are often subjected to long waiting lists and may only be able to offer you limited appointments. External constraints sometimes impose a restriction on the number of appointments you can have, rather than considering individual needs.
We offer you:
- Speed of Service: At the Physio and Sports Injury Clinic we aim to offer same day appointments wherever possible, no waiting lists to slow your recovery
- Effective range of treatments leading to a quicker recovery with less time off work and activities
- Flexible & convenient appointments at times to suit you & fit around YOUR life
- Clinical experts: you will see a highly experienced physiotherapist to get the results you want
- Self-referral: no need to wait to see your GP, just book an appointment
- Physiotherapy treatment covered & recognised by all the major Health Insurance Companies (BUPA, AXA PPP, Norwich Union, WPA etc.)
- Tailor made exercise programmes discussed and taught to you to support your recovery and help prevent recurrence
- Private self-contained treatment room – no open rooms or flimsy curtains!
- Licensed Acupuncture treatment – Hertfordshire County Council licensed and inspected premises for the use of acupuncture
- Clear and explained diagnosis– so you understand your problem and an effective treatment plan can be tailored to your needs
Julie Wright MCSP Bsc (Hons) AACP – Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council